4.05.2010

Comic Book Convention (Part 1)



Yes, YES, yes. Recently (last month) I discovered that a comic book convention was going to be nearby! I had been going into Newbury Comics to get some more manic panic for my fading blue and just by chance -fate, if you will- I caught a glimpse. A brightly colored sign, yes, oh yes, those words. Boston. Comic. Con. For about a year I had been thinking about when the con of the comic type would occur, and finally there was an answer.

It took me quite a while to decide on which hero to be. My first thought was Psylocke, then I considered the fact I was not quite leotard material. Then I contemplated Rogue since I already have my own x-men jacket similar to hers, but I didn't want to have to get a cheesy wig. Also Jean Grey (as the Phoenix) but again there was the trouble with the hair. But finally I settled for my favorite Psylocke. I decided people at a comic book convention weren't really going to judge me. In reality most of them won't have sexy bodies anyway.
I began by searching online for a leotard and found the perfect shape. I wished the color was a little more similar to hers, but it would have to do. Afterwards I bought some blue lycra and red material to make gloves and the belt. My first glove is finished.
Six days left.

No comments: